Johannesburg Art Gallery
The Johannesburg Art Gallery gallery was first established in 1910, operating from the premises of what is today's University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. The collection was subsequently moved to the present premises in the heart of the inner city, designed by architect Edward Luytens, and completed in 1915. It is the largest gallery on the subcontinent and has an extensive collection of European, African, modern and contemporary art. It is one of the few galleries in the country with a significant acquisitions budget, sustained by the Anglo-American Trust.
Corner Klein and King George Streets
PO Box 30951