The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum
The Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Art Museum, formerly the King George VI Art Gallery, was opened on 22 June 1956 and renamed in December 2002. The collections are housed in two buildings framing the entrance to St George's Park and consist of South African art (particularly that of the Eastern Cape), British art, international printmaking and Oriental art (including Indian miniatures and Chinese textiles).
Limited exhibition space requires the constant rotation of works of art from the Permanent Collection, and researchers wishing to see specific works not currently on exhibition are advised to do so by appointment. The Permanent Collection is supplemented by an active programme of temporary exhibitions.
1 Park Drive
T: +27 (0)41 506 2000
F: +27 (0)41 586 3234